Index of Old Testament Pseudepigrapha in Translation Online
HONOURS MODULE DI3216 (/4216)
UNIVERSITY OF ST. ANDREWS
INDEX OF OLD TESTAMENT PSEUDEPIGRAPHA IN TRANSLATION ONLINE
A few words of caution. First, I have included only sources which are in the public domain in Britain. According to British law, works enter the public domain seventy-five years after the death of the author, but the waiting period in America is fifty years. I have not included links to the texts from the Charles translation on the Noncanonical Homepage of the Wesley Center for Applied Theology in America, since Charles has been dead for more than fifty years but less than seventy-five.
Second, some of the translations available online are old and dated or unreliable. Use these only if you must and at your own risk! The Revised Standard Version (RSV) is a good translation. Remember, I strongly recommend that you invest in the two-volume set of translations edited by Charlesworth if you want to get the most out of the otpseud web page and course.
- Apocalypse of Moses (old translation)
- Apocalypse of Sedrach (old translation)
- Greek Apocalypse of Ezra (old translation)
- 4 Ezra (2 Esdras) (RSV)
- Joseph and Aseneth (the translation by David Cook in AOT, posted on Mark Goodacre’s Aseneth Web Page by permission of Oxford University Press)
- Life of Adam and Eve (a meticulously executed synoptic edition)
- 4 Maccabees (RSV)
- The Narrative of Zosimus (History of the Rechabites) (old translation)
- Prayer of Manasseh (RSV)
- Psalm 151 (RSV)
- The Testament of Abraham (old translation) There is a link here but the text does not seem to have been entered.
- The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs (old translation)